Temptation in a bowl
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1 1/2 cups Biscuit crumbs
- 5 bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a pan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Add milk in gradually while stirring gently.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is bubbly.
- Cook for about 2 more minutes, and then remove from the burner.
- Stir a small quantity of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks, and immediately add egg yolk mixture to the rest of the hot mixture.
- Cook for 2 more minutes; keep stirring.
- Remove the mixture from the stove, add butter and vanilla.
- Stir until it has a smooth consistency. Keep aside.
- In a glass bowl put a layer of biscuit crumbs.
- Cut bananas into 1/4 inch slices and make a single layer of banana slices on the biscuit crust.
- Reserve remaining banana slices.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the layer of bananas.
- Cover the pudding with another layer of banana slices on top.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.