Many of us professionals plan our career but forget to plan our retirements so how do we make the most of our second innings in life. Listed below are some tips to help you make the most of your retirement life.
- Depending on your professional career, you can plan your life post retirement.
- Identify your strengths, interests and skills.
- Plan your life after retirement at least 5 years pre-retirement.
- Plan where you plan to stay? Will it be the same place as your current address or somewhere different?
- Start investing your time in developing your career at least one year before your retirement.
- Plan your travel which you could not do while working.
- Maintain fitness.
- Engage your time in social work and society welfare
- Seek help and advice from your friends and family.
- Plan your medicals and living expenses.
- Maintain a good liquidity of funds for emergency
- Be a consultant and trainer as you are a database of experience and knowledge
Kindly share your experiences and comments in the comment box below so that other readers can benefit. Happy reading and sharing!